Monday, May 21, 2007

So It Begins

Well today was day one of my road trip with mom... I left Yuba City at 6 am, made good time and arrive at mom's in Napa at 7:30... I thought this was a good sign. Once inside mom's house, I found her sleeping... hmmm.. well the car wasn't supposee to be ready until 9, and she appeared to be packed... so I let her sleep... we left for the car at 8:45... the car wasn't ready until almost 10... uh oh.. this isn't a good sign... Did I mention that while doing the paper work for the car I noticed that I had forgotten to put a credit card in my purse? Oh yes.. thanks goodness... for bankcards and plenty of money in the account... ok well it saves me from needing to pay the bill when it comes. Mom chooses the first drive shift... I would have driven 680/580/99... mom choose 12/99... on highway 12 right on the other side of Suisun (about 30 minutes into the drive) this happens


Ok well the only good thing about that was I wasn't driving! We ended the day in Barstow... on the way we stopped at Safeway in Lodi to pick up some Gallo salami for my sis in Missouri because she can't find any there.. then we stopped in Chowchilla to visit the cemetery and discovered this is what happens in perpetual care when there is no family left in the area to visit the grave.

We did get a commitment to have it fixed... make note to follow up....
So at 543 miles we made our first gas stop. As many times as I have driven hwy 58, I don't recall ever seeing California City... but that's where we were... the good new was ... 10.5 gallons... the not so good news... WIND... can you see how windy it was?





Off to Flagstaff tomorrow!

No comments: