Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day Two

We got a late start out of Barstow this morning... leaving at about 11:30 am. I was going to be a scorcher there today. Mom took the first drive shift again... no tickets today! In fact life was pretty uneventful today as we had family coming up from Phoenix to meet us in Flagstaff. Because we were kind of on a time frame today, we stayed on hwy 40 and only took one Route 66 detour... that was Ludlow.. it looked like this:



Then we stopped in Needles for lunch... Went to Denny's where the gal at the door told us they were temporarily closed because they had no water. We asked where we might find another restaurant in town. The gal started giving directions to a place called the wagon wheel... "turn left over there, go down by Valero..." I'm looking around for a valero and see nothing. She continues. Go under the over pass turn left, go to the (I don't know what) go under the over pass turn left. she is talking so fast I can't understand her and I just start cracking up! I did find it. When we walked in the place was deserted and all the employees were sitting at the counter... Boy life was hoppin' in this town! Lunch was actually good and we were on the road again... I'm driving.... the road looked pretty much like this until we hit the mountains and then lots of straight up....



We finally arrived in Flagstaff at 6 pm... got settled, spent some time talking to my moms half sister Barbara and her daughter Danielle... that was it for today.... Oh I took tons of photos of Danielle's 19 mo old daughter Maci... isn't she a cutie!


We have zero plans for tomorrow, so we'll See what it brings!

No comments: