Thursday, May 24, 2007

Back Tracking

I told you that i would update you with photos from yesterday and here they are... first, I forgot to tell you that the car we rented on Monday in Napa, Ca had the needs service light come on in it on Tuesday, so Wednesday before we left Flagstaff, we had to take it to the local Hertz place and exchange it for another car. They didn't have any economy cars, in fact, they told the man in front of me that they didn't have ANY cars! We ended up with a Pontiac G6



Photo off one of the balconies of our suite at Little America in Flagstaff



One last photo of cute little Maci before they head back to Phoenix



Ok.. now Meteor City... did I mention that yesterday? Big walled in place with teepee's around and a gift shop at the entrance? The billboards along the road and on the wall advertised woven Indian blankets from $7.77... Inside... the blankets were tagged "Made in China" Hmmm Chinese Indians? I asked the young man in the shop what was behind the wall.... the conversation went a little like this:

Me: Excuse me, I was wondering wha's behind the walls outside.
Him: We live there.
Me: Oh, I thought maybe there was a big meteor Crater or something in there.
Him: No.
Me: Or maybe aliens...
Him: No.
Me: (looking at him very seriously) Are you sure?
Him: Yes.
Not a very talkative fellow.. he was about 16 and I think meteor city was the last place on earth the he wanted to be. Here are a couple of photos:





Then there was the Wigwam Motel. They were booked... can you believe it? And another not so talkative fellow.. this guy older with a bad toupee' It would seem the Wigwam Motel was his fathers invention... his mother lived in Phoenix and he visited her three days a week. I'm wondering who watches the motel when he is gone... Oh did I mention the motel office doesn't open 'till three pm? OK photos:




I think that covers Wednesday!



No comments: