Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yes, More!

as, I was saying... I've been doing...just not posting... so I continue my efforts at catch up... last week I took my husband and his carpool partner (gal lives in the next town over and works in his office) to the sac airport so they could fly off for meetings in SLC.. I figured this was a good opportunity to go out with my camera in search of my muse!
SO.. as I left the airport, I drove in the opposite direction from which I had arrived. (knowing i could make a circle and not go too far out of my way) I headed to woodland, then to knights landing. Once I crossed the draw bridge on the other side of Knights Landing, I decided to take a detour... and turned onto the levee road.

Almost immediately there were lots of great things to take pictures of... unfortunately, the road was too narrow to pull off and driving DH beloved Dodge Charger, I wasn't up for off-roading LOL... Pretty soon I came upon a turn in the river and a wide spot in the road, so I stopped. I pulled off at the edge of a gravel drive. I could see a house down a way and I could hear a dog barking.
I got out, walked up and down the road snapping photos and just as i was finishing up an elderly couple came walking up the drive. The gentleman engaged me in conversation as the lady crossed the road to retrieve their mail and then she came and joined us. Bob and Marty were a very interesting couple, originally from New York, she was 75 and he was 78. We talked about life and love, home and family, the US and the world, art and history, politics and religion... in all we talked up there on the levee road for more than 3 hours! I'd probably still be there if I didn't need to "pee" so bad! LOL

Here are some of the pictures I took





No comments: