Monday, January 12, 2009

It's a Small Small World

I think it was November Doris put out a CT call and the team got sizabley larger... While engaging in the usual meet and great, I discovered one of the new gals Anne
had recently moved to Northern California... so I inquired a bit more... seems Anne lives about two miles from me... and it didn't stop there! After a couple of lengthy emails we discovered we both grew up in Napa! WOW!
Well one thing led to another and Anne had mentioned she wanted to learn how to "blend" photos, so I offered to meet her at a nearby Starbucks and teach her. That was Friday, we had a lot of fun! We spent about 4 hours there.. I could have stayed all day, but that's beside the point! LOL Anne was a fabulous student and took right to the technique I showed her! I had pulled up a couple pictures and a paper for Anne to work with and her final product was so good it inspired me to go home and do some "blending" I started with a new kit from Doris and an old picture of Anna Nicole Smith I had kicking around and came up with this:


Anna_Nicole

I kind of like it just like that, but I figured I should show more of Doris' beautiful kit... so I pulled out this wonderful groupie from the kit.. it made the layout so, so easy, Doris had pretty much done all the work! LOL I dropped in a couple more pictures of Anna Nicole and just like magic...



Anna_Nicole

credits:
ForEverLasting by Doris Castleavailable here http://tinyurl.com/a7swj8 at SBG
Eerie Garden by Doris Castleavailable here http://tinyurl.com/3w69k3 at SBG
Fonts - Passions Conflict, MSReference

re: Anna Nicole.... I was never a big fan, but I certainly appreciated where she had been and what she had done.. and the deaths of both Anna and her son were terribly tragic... I was deeply affected when I heard the news...another fighter gone...

No comments: