Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fun At The Beach

OK... here's another one I'm not sure of....
I was working with a tutorial from the August/September issue of Digital Scrapbooking by Lisa Habisreutinger on her "one of a kind photo treatment" when I decided it wasn't going to work with the free form layout I had in mind or maybe it was the paper prints I was using...
Anyway, I ended up omitting the final clipping mask and just lowering the opacity of the b/w cutout that was left. In doing so I had to create a mask in the shape of the cutout for the greenery because I didn't like the leaves showing through.
(I'm not liking the "Fun" and am thinking about omitting it.)
To create the effect obtained on the words "at the beach", place word art (or lettering layer) on the picture, select the shape of the new layer and save the selection. Next delete the original word art or lettering layer. With the picture layer active, Load the saved selection, "copy" then "paste into" from the edit menu. At first you cant see what you have done, once you select drop shadow in the layer effects menu you will see the magic! (play with the distance, size and spread settings on the drop shadow until you like the way it looks)


Rylie

credits:
"It's all About You" kit by Lotta at Bluebell Designs
Shells, raffia bow, feathers, bird stamp, alpha and word art
from "The Jersey Shore" kit by Krista Mettler and Jeanine Baechtold
formerly available at Scrapdish
"antique paper" action by Michelle Coleman at Little Dreamer Designs

1 comment:

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

I have a suprise for you on my blog Julie, come check it out!
http://reflectionsofnwlady.blogspot.com/
Hugs, Patti