Friday, February 08, 2008

The Last Scrapper Standing

Those of you who know me know I'm not a competitive person when it comes to my scrapping.. it's art..for heaven's sake.. not sports.. anyway.. It seem I have entered about one challenge per year... never making it very far I might add... sometimes I have been booted and sometimes I just stopped...or as some of you may prefer to say..QUIT! LOL Anyway.. I did start the Last Scrapper Standing Contest at Divine Digital. Royanna always comes up with the best contests!
The Challenge for week one was to create a layout with 5 close up photos of the same object, none of the photos could show the entire object... it had to have doodling, graph paper, a quote, at least 10 embellishments, 50 words of journaling and be made of at least 50% product currently available at Divine Digital...
Whew! That was tuff.. but I made it through to the next round (there will be 5 in all) Here's the layout I submitted



Journaling:
Some how, in the process of growing up, we seem to loose sight of the simple joys around us. I am so grateful for the opportunity to regain this vision as I watch you grow up. I love to see the excitement on your face when you discover new things in the world and when you discover new capabilities you didn’t know you had. I just love you to pieces!

credits:
5 close up pieces of Rylie with a frog
Doodle Hearts
Graph Paper Overlay
Quote: I Love You To Pieces
Journaling: 80 Words

Border Mask:
Power Border
by Julie Mead available at
E-scapes and Scraps and Cottage Arts

Heart Doodle Brush:
Janita at Seishido

Sequins:
by Tandika Starr from the
2004 BCA from P4D

Graph Paper Overlay:
Scrapdrawers Scrapover Overlays
By Doris Castle (currently retired from catalog)

Frames:
Edgy Frame Clusters (re-arranged)
by Lucie Goikoetvea at DD

Heart:
self created

Papers and Elements:
2 papers
2 butterflies (4 total)
1 bow
1 ribbon
1 cardboard

Where I Live and Breathe
by Royanna Fritschmann at DD


fonts:

jailbIrd JenNa
Times New Roman
Tracey


I'll be back in a couple of days with links for those credits! Off to SFo for a couple!

No comments: