Friday, February 22, 2008

The End?

Well, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later... my layout wasn't picked by the judges this round and has gone on with 11 others for members vote, the two with the most votes get "saved" and are allowed on to the next round. I'm not holding my breath though.... there were several on the hit list going into the member vote that had more views and more comments than others that went on... I know I did a couple of things that the judges probably thought were questionable in this round.. but I went with it anyway... it's always a tough call when judging art...

here was this weeks criteria:

3 photos in a vertical row: photos of a seagull taken in Monterey curves adjusted so they would resemble doves. (in your mind draw a square around all three birds, divide it horizonally between the birds = three vertical birds... then I extracted the birds because I didn't like the extra sky and tweeked the angle of the birds a bit)
Color Blue: on overlay texture and bottom paper
2 fonts: Bethany’s Hand, GE Basalt Script
Hand: Royalty Free photo of Christ’s hand from Cross Daily.com
Frame - no photo: Journaling Spot from Sasha Jane’s Divine Details. Looks like and “eye” used to frame the word “care” for the title “EYE CARE”
Journaling min 50 words: 143


so this is what I came up with



my journaling could have used some fine tuning.. but this is what it says:
As children of our Heavenly Father we have a solemn responsibility to care for all of his creations. Yet to do this we must first care for ourselves both spiritually and temporally. If we are spiritually clean we will be able to discern the small still voice of the Holy Spirit as it guides us. We can care for the earth and her creatures as well as God’s children. These promptings may include hugging a friend, feeding someone less fortunate, recycling or donating to an animal shelter. Ours is not to question the magnitude of the service, but, simply to obey the promptings .
Charity is the “Pure Love of Christ”. That which is “Most Joyous” to the soul “The Greatest of all the gifts of God” “Perfect” and “Everlasting”. Let us give as Christ would give, not with boasting, but with humble anonymity.
(Last paragraph includes a quote by Gene R. Cook“Charity: Perfect and Everlasting Love” Ensign May 200282)

Well that's it! I have some errands to run so I can go to Napa tonight. I have a date with my mom and my daughter tomorrow! A make-over will surely help me forget the contest! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully...not the end! Sending you good luck wishes!