Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summer Metamorphosis

My niece spent almost a month of her summer vacation in California
between my mom, my dad, and myself. I had her for the last 4 days and what a change in those four days! I bought her some cosmetics at the Bare Escentuals store and showed her how to apply it.

Then a trip to the mall and I bought her some feminine clothes and shoes from Avenue. (with size 12 feet, the converse high tops and lime green zebra print deck shoes just didn't make it)

What a beautiful difference.

When she got off the plane in Missouri, (She said) my sister told her,
"Your a completely different person.
I don't like it" I'm sure it's because her daughter; 15, is now showing signs of growing up. My niece is an only child. My sister is 3 years older than me and her daughter is 10 years younger than mine. I know I had difficulty letting go... ... I think my sis will have a tougher time of it! ... wait 'till she finds out we taught her daughter to drive!

I used JoDe's Layette "Retreat" found at Altered Scrapping.

Fonts: Tom's Handwriting, Trebuchet, Turbulence

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

OK, you should work on one of those tranformation shows! What a beautiful butterfly she has become! I'm sure she will never forget her trip out to CA and especially the time she spent with her Aunt Julz! Wonderful LO! :D

Losbichler Fotografie said...

So pretty! I love all these colors and everything, you used to create this wonderful layout - looks great!