Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Friend Janita.. (she makes me brushy!)



WooHoo! Look what Janita sent me! Isn't she just the sweetest?! I happened along Vanilla-design (at the time I thin it was vanilla dreams) long before I started digi-scrapping... Well officially digiscrapping anyway. Like many other digi-scrappers I was combining my love of family photos, my computer knowledge and a graphics program to create collages. I quite accidentally stumbled upon a small group of digi-scrappers on a handful of sites and jumped right in! Since then digi-scrapping has EXPLODED! There are new designers, new alignments and new shops everyday. Just recently though has the digi-scrapping community recognized the benefits of "brushes" or "Digital stamps" (that is except the designers who have known all along) Suddenly, brushes are all the rage.... I have tried unsuccessfully repeated times to convince Janita to offer her brushes on one of the sites. I think she wants to retain full control of her product/art. Who can blame her?! When I first found Janita she was giving all her brushes away for free. So many of us had found her wonderful work that she could no long afford to pay the bandwidth charges and she had to make a change. She moved her brushes from vanilla design to a site she created just for the brushes, Seishido and started selling memberships. I instantly recognized the value of her life time membership and paid the $150.00 Euro (about $186. USD)! She has told me that a couple other "scrappers" have since purchased lifetime memberships! A lifetime membership included everything Janita has previously created and everything she has yet to create! She currently has over 400 brushes and about 50 textures. Can you imagine all that for $150.00 euro... the brushes alone are worth about $1200.00 usd Whew! I really feel like I am taking advantage of this young lady... I think I will buy another life time membership just because!... So... my advise to you... if you enjoy brushes... rush on over to Seishido and buy a lifetime membership Oh and looking for another great brush source... check out Janita's good friend Shiricki at Angelic-Trust I'm not sure which one I found first... but I am sure it was the same day! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

license? with an "s" - what a pity. i am always writing licence...
but i wouldn´t be janita if i cared. i guess everyone has already noticed i am speaking and writing my very personal and own way of english. part of my character, doing things the other way without a single doubt it could be wrong. and on top of that being amused about typies or mistakes and keep them forever to never forget. me so glad to make you happy in such a brushy way. i never knew you´re blogging. i guess i will come around here more often to have a look and new wonderful artwork of yours and everything else.
supertigerhugs to you ~ janita