Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Buds

Dan (left) and Craig (right) have been friends since Junior High and I thought it would be fun to do a layout for them but the only picture I had of them together had a lady standing between them. Naturally I had to cut her out. LOL that's just me.. she was distracting from the purpose of the layout, Dan and Craig's friendship.

I admit I didn't do the best job... Because of their height difference I couldn't just slide them together and stitch the photo... I had to rebuild Dans entire side next to Craig (the lady was standing in front of Dan covering his entire shoulder upper arm as well as the edge and top of his ear.)

When I got that done I decided I didn't like the background... it was just white (snow)so I went through some other photos I had from events they were at together and found this one with trees in it. When I extracted the picture of the guys and lay-ed it on the new background, there was a skier doing a jump over Craig's head. No matter how much I tried I just didn't seem to be able to cover him up, So you got it... cloned him out! LOL THEN I noticed the new background was bright and sunny but the boys had snow flakes on them, so I cloned them out too!.

Once I got this made up picture of Dan and Craig it was time to lay it out... I love Doris Castle's Lost Mojo kit, not just because it was inspired MOI but because it's FUN! Can you believe even though I have three ever so slightly different versions here, I'm not really sure I like any of them? LOL!!! maybe I should go back to the original photo.... uh then..... maybe NOT! If you look at the picture long enough you will notice Dans chest is too broad and he has no upper arm, but other than that, maybe it's not so bad! LOL






No comments: